Veteran Art Therapy is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Veteran Art Therapy believes that all veterans deserve access to effective mental health services. Many veterans do not have access to mental health care, and others experience no relief from traditional talk therapy. As a result, these veterans often suffer from mental, emotional, physical and spiritual distress. In order to alleviate this problem, veterans need easy and affordable access to different types of treatment. Veteran Art Therapy fills this need by providing art therapy and creative art services to veterans and family members in order to provide opportunities for development and facilitate a new means of expression, improve their mental, physical, emotional and spiritual health; and ease their transition to civilian life.
Veteran Art Therapy currently offers the following programs, which can provided on-site at your location:
- Individual Art Therapy Sessions – Our trained art therapist offers individual art therapy sessions during weekday evenings.
- Group Art Therapy – Our trained art therapist visits local veteran treatment groups and provides art therapy in conjunction with the topic the group is addressing.
- Psychoeducational Class – These classes provide education on mental health topics such as Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Stress Management, and Depression. Additionally, classes can address other veteran transition issues such as returning to school, sense of identity, and community engagement.
- Workshops – Workshops are several hours of focused work with one particular art media. Examples of workshops that can be provided include, but are not limited to, mask making, watercolor, acrylic, art journaling, poetry therapy, Indigo dye, printmaking and collage.
- Community Outreach – We would love to come and speak to your organization or your clients about veteran issues and/or art therapy!
- Additional types of events may be available upon request from outside organizations.
Please see our gallery to view photographs from previous workshops and events.